Want to win Blessed by Cynthia Leitich Smith? Enter here before October 31st!

Friday, September 24, 2010

The Morganville Vampires by Rachel Caine Books 1-6 Review

The Morganville Vampires
By Rachel Caine
Books 1-6
Bought from Barnes and Nobel

I recently decided to pick up this series, and I do love it. There is just other things I do not love about it.

Lets start with the love. Rachel is a awesome writer. Her characters speak to me, and I genuinely love them. Every time something horrible happened, my heart would ache for them. Come on! Give 'em a break, will ya? The concept of this series is very unique. It is like the mafia, vampire style. I enjoyed learning the ropes and the rules of the town. I also loved Micheal. He was so sweet and such a great person!

Now onto the not so love. The series is too long...in my opinion. (If you love the series, than don't kill me!) After the first four books, it got a little cheesy. I just wanted some resolution to the plot line. There were many little phrases that Rachel repeated over and over, and (while that seems kind of stupid) it annoyed me a little bit. I did not like Claire's relationship with Shane. He was a little self centered and a HUGE drama queen.

All in all, I will continue this series. I really enjoy it, and I do recommend it.

4 comments:

  1. You don't like Shane?! o_O!!!

    It is a good series, but I know what you mean about being dragged out. I'm actually waiting for another book to come out before I get caught back up again sine it's spaced out so long. I think there's supposed to be 12 books total.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore this series. Especially Shane and Myrnin!

    And, yep, 12 books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Many Books: I love Myrnin too! He really is something else!

    ReplyDelete

Come on! Comment! I cannot wait to hear from you!