Want to win Blessed by Cynthia Leitich Smith? Enter here before October 31st!

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Tyger Tyger by Kersten Hamilton

Book Information:
Coming: November 2010
320 pages
From: Publisher
Rating: Excellent


Teagan Wyllston grew up hearing about Celtic mythology, night crawlers and banshees, and how the Irish Travelers have been at war with goblin kind since before time. One of her favorite stories is the legend of Fionn Mac Cumhaill, the great hero who defended his people and was cursed by the goblin god for all eternity. It's a good one, full of powerful beings and romance, but it is just that . . . a story, and nothing more. That is, until eighteen-year-old Finn comes unexpectedly into her life. Then, suddenly, the stuff of Irish legend doesn't seem quite so fantastical. Could Finn be her hero, like his namesake in the stories? Or is Teagan destined to fight the forces of evil herself?

Kersten did an excellent job on this novel. Right from the beginning I was sucked into the story, and the world Kersten spun came alive. I connected to the characters immediately, and I began to care about their survival. When I connect to the characters, that's when I know that the story is going to be amazing. Tyger Tyger is a story I will not forget for a long time.

Teagan was wonderful. I loved her from chapter one. She was so sweet to others around her, and her bravery and quick thinking made me love her all the more. Nothing is worse than a cowardly character or a stupid one. Aiden was awesome. He was the cutest little boy, and I enjoyed how he could pick up on songs instantly. His fear of Elvis Impersonators was hilarious and endearing. I did not know about Finn at first. He was a little too forward, but he showed himself to be just as amazing as Aiden and Teagan.

The Goblin world was very imaginative. I loved the old stories, and the creatures that lived there. All of them were unique, and through Kersten's writing the world became very realistic.

I highly recommend this novel, and I will definitely reread this one again. Tyger Tyger will be released on November 15,2010. For more information, please visit www.kerstenhamilton.com.

5 comments:

  1. This sounds like a really cool book. I'll have to check it out! I find mythology really fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley: This book was awesome! You really should read it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm getting a copy of this so it's good to know that it's awesome. Thanks for the great review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing review! This book sounds very interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So Many Books: I hope you like it!

    Eleni: Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Come on! Comment! I cannot wait to hear from you!