Want to win Blessed by Cynthia Leitich Smith? Enter here before October 31st!

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Splendor by Anna Godbersen

Book Information:
Genre: YA Historical Drama
Pages: 391
Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers
Release Date: October 2009
Recommendation
Level: High
From: Amazon (Ebook)


A spring turns into summer, Elizabeth relishes her new role as a young wife, while her sister, Diana, searches for adventure abroad. But when a surprising clue about their father's death comes to light, the Holland girls wonder at what cost a life of splendor comes.Carolina Broad, society's newest darling, fans a flame from her past, oblivious to how it might burn her future. Penelope Schoonmaker is finally Manhattan royalty—but when a real prince visits the city, she covets a title that comes with a crown. Her husband, Henry, bravely went to war, only to discover that his father's rule extends well beyond New York's shores and that fighting for love may prove a losing battle. In the dramatic conclusion to the bestselling Luxe series, New York's most dazzling socialites chase dreams, cling to promises, and tempt fate. As society watches what will become of the city's oldest families and newest fortunes, one question remains: Will its stars fade away or will they shine ever brighter?

I adore this series, and I am really sad to see the end, but oh what an end it was! Splendor will keep you hooked.

Anna's wonderful writing ability does not disappoint. She brings the scenes to life and adds those little details that make the novel so great. All the old gang is back and up to no good. I was really happy with Liz this go around. She finally makes the choice that (in my opinion) she should have made in the first place. Her ending made me smile, and I knew that everything had worked out for her. Diana pissed me off. I can't tell you why because that would give everything away, but I want to write to Anna and ask her why (WHY?!) did Di have to do that! She had it all falling into place for the first time, and she just throws it all away. Henry was sweet ol' predictable Henry. His actions did not surprise me. Penelope was the same as Henry. Once a bitch always one.

It kills me that this series is over. I was attached to the characters and deeply cared about their future. Their happiness made me happy, and now their stories have ended. *Crys uncontrollably* Hopefully Anna will come out with something else soon.

6 comments:

  1. I loe this series too! I'm literally counting down the days until it's released her ein the UK. Great review as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Many Books: Don't it make you so sad that this is it? I am dying over here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh I'm glad you liked this one. I love the series and I am just as disappointed as you are to see it end. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read the first one, but was pretty ehh about it, so I never picked up the rest of the series. They sound really good though, and after reading your review, I'm pretty curious to find out what happened to the characters! Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katie: Thank you! I'm glad you liked the review!

    miss cindy: It is a little hard to get into for most readers (I think because it's so detailed), but if you have the time you should pick up again. It's worth another shot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katie: Thank you! I am glad that you liked the review!

    miss cindy: It's a little hard to get into for some readers, but if you have the time then you should pick it up again. It's worth a shot.

    ReplyDelete

Come on! Comment! I cannot wait to hear from you!