Want to win Blessed by Cynthia Leitich Smith? Enter here before October 31st!

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Dead Girl Walking by Linda Joy Singleton

Stars are waiting to be discovered, and high-school senior Amber Borden wants to be the talent agent for the adolescent A-list. She's not the richest or the most popular, but she's determined to make a name for herself. While Amber may be upwardly mobile, her sense of direction is lousy—so lousy that it has cosmic consequences. Instead of returning to her body after a near-death experience, she lands in the body of the wealthiest, most popular girl in school—who just tried to commit suicide. Not what she had in mind when she imagined working behind the scenes with the rich and famous! Amber soon figures out that being the queen bee isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Dead Girl Walking is adorable. I loved the whole idea of her landing in the most popular girl in her school's body. It made for some interesting situations and tons of laughs.

Amber had her whole future planned out. She was going to be the agent of aspiring stars, and make a life making them (and her) a fortune. She had several self help books on the subject and was already picking out clientele (though they were unaware). I loved her. She was so sure of herself and her future. She had everything she wanted and seemed to be comfortable with her flaws (her constant consumption of chocolate). She had a sharp witt and was very intelligent. Her friends were loyal to her and stood right beside her (even when she informed them of her body change).
Dead Girl Walking is a riot. It was light hearted, but had a good message. Sometimes you really don't want what you can't have.

8 comments:

  1. First off, great review! I love reading 'em. I've even bought books because you said they were good. :)

    This book sounds good, actually. At first I wasn't sure if it was really my cup of tea, but I think I may have to check it out from the library when I get the chance. Thanks for reviewing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! This sounds like such a great series. Glad you enjoyed it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book sounds great, awesome review :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog!!! Great review! If you want I have a book blog to check it out sometime

    http://thebookwars.blogspot.com/

    Have a good day =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Jenna! You made my day with that comment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you don't just critique the plot, but get the appeal of it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. DEAD GIRL IN LOVE is out early! It's been published already and can be ordered. Pre-orders are already receiving their copies.

    There's an out-of-body romantic scenes with a dangerous guy that I think readers will enjoy. Let me know if you like it (g).

    Oh, and there's a book trailer link on my website: www.LindaJoySingleton.com

    ReplyDelete

Come on! Comment! I cannot wait to hear from you!