Want to win Blessed by Cynthia Leitich Smith? Enter here before October 31st!

Friday, March 13, 2009

Eternal by Cynthia Leitich Smith

At last, Miranda is the life of the party: all she had to do was die. Elevated and adopted by none other than the reigning King of the Mantle of Dracul, Miranda goes from high-school theater wannabe to glamorous royal fiend overnight. Meanwhile, her reckless and adoring guardian angel, Zachary, demoted to human guise as the princess’s personal assistant, has his work cut out for him trying to save his girl’s soul and plan the Master’s fast-approaching Death Day gala. In alternating points of view, Miranda and Zachary navigate a cut-throat eternal aristocracy as they play out a dangerous and darkly hilarious love story for the ages.

I loved this story. The way she portrayed vampires was genius. It was like a mixture between business giants and satan worshiping demons. I thought it was great how she showed their true violent nature instead of giving them the same feel as Twilight. Miranda was believable and likable. I rooted for her the whole story and Zach was everything any lady could want in a man. He was smart, sweet, and loyal. He always put Miranda first. The whole vampire/guardian angel concept was interesting. What a twist on the usual vampire love novel! I loved how she left us with a glimmer of hope at the end that left me begging. I want the third novel now! I can't wait to see what this author will come out with next.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome review! I haven't read this book yet, but now I really want too!

    --Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to have it! You've definitely left me hungering for more, and I haven't even read the entire Twilight series yet...not usually a vamp buff.

    ReplyDelete

Come on! Comment! I cannot wait to hear from you!